Safeguard one of the most important investments you will ever make in your life with home insurance.

Home Insurance covers losses and damages to a person’s residence, which may include all other assets and furnishings within the home. This insurance also secures liability coverage against unpleasant accidents that may take place in your home or on the property.

how does it work?

A home insurance policy typically covers four kinds of instances on the insured property:

  • Interior damage
  • Exterior damage
  • Damage or loss of personal assets and belongings
  • Injury that occurs while on the property

Whenever a claim is made on any of the above incidents, the proprietor will be required to pay a deductible – these are the out-of-pocket costs for the insured. The deductible is determined by the policy agreement entered into. The insurance company will release a payment of the excess cost. Remember that the higher your deductible is on an insurance contract, the lower your monthly or annual premium will be.

types of home insurance

Home Insurance is broken down into two main categories which may be taken on as standalone or combined:


Home contents insurance will cover the cost of replacing assets or belongings in your home in the unfortunate event of being destroyed, damaged, or stolen; some of which are:

  • Furniture such as wardrobes, beds, sofas, dining tables and chairs
  • Kitchenware such as cutlery, cookware and etc…
  • Soft furnishings such as bedding, curtains, cushions, etc…
  • Electricals such as computers, laptops, TVs, and etc…
  • Jewellery, clothing and other personal possessions
  • Other ornaments and antiques


Buildings insurance will cover the cost of mending damage to the structure of your home or your property from the ground up such as:

  • Roof and windows
  • Wall
  • Permanent fixtures
  • Fittings (toilets, baths, and kitchen)

Depending on the type of policy you decide to take on, building insurance will generally cover damages or loss caused by:

  • Natural disasters (storms, flood, etc…)
  • Fire, explosion
  • Fallen trees, lamp posts, etc…
  • Vandalism and/or malicious damage
  • Vehicle collisions

A lot of homeowners opt for a combination of both Buildings Insurance and Content Insurance to protect not only the structure itself, but the assets and belongings within.

Home Insurance Brokers

Get to know what’s right for you and your property. Our Home Insurance professionals are available to assist you with your questions to put your mind at ease! We are home insurance brokers based in Bournemouth but we can cover your home anywhere in the UK.



We are a friendly, helpful team of home insurance advisors and would love to assist you.